This post was originally published on the Ecotagious website. Ecotagious is now Uplight.
1. The “one-size-fits-all” approach no longer appeals to the new energy consumer
Across industries, consumers are increasingly balking at one-size-fits-all approaches that create confusion-and dissatisfaction.
2. Utilities must provide hyper-relevant personalized customer experiences
To keep customers engaged loyal and satisfied, utilities must develop relationships that are meaningful and individualized for each customer.
Hyper-relevant, personalized experiences are good for consumers and for top-line growth.
3. Big data is fueling unprecedented opportunities to engage with utility customers
Thanks to big data, engaging with customers through personalized recommendations and targeted digital marketing are now the expectations regardless of industry.
4. Utilities should use data to deliver the right message to the right customer using the right channel
At every interaction, data should be used to make it easier for customers to find and consume what they want, as well as how and when they want it.
5. Survey results show customers would be more satisfied if utilities designed a personalized experience
92% of consumers surveyed would be more satisfied if their energy provider could personalize their overall customer experience.
What’s more, 78% would use more digital channels if offered a personalized experience across them